Make your own Banana & Oat Muffins
Banana & Oat Muffins!
Looking at the fruit bowl and can’t bear to throw away the slightly brown bananas? Well here’s a way to turn them into something delicious as an alternative to toast or porridge for breakfast!
- 200g plain flour
- 80g (3oz) porridge oats
- 100g (3 1/2oz) caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 free-range egg
- 175ml milk
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g (9oz) mashed bananas
- Porridge oats or Granola
- Sunflower seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Fan assisted (Gas mark 5), or 200°C Non-fan assisted (Gas mark 6).
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases (or grease with butter and dust with flour if you don’t have any cases)
- Put the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a bowl altogether and mix well.
- Crack the egg into a large mixing bowl and beat gently.
- Stir the milk, oil and vanilla extract into the egg.
- Add the mashed banana and combine thoroughly (it might be easier to use a fork to do this).
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined.
- Put the batter into the muffin tin, making sure that there is the same amount in each one.
- Sprinkle the top with a few porridge oats (or for extra crunch add a sprinkle of granola), and a few sunflower seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 18 – 2o mins. (Stick a skewer through the muffins and if it comes out clean and not sticky then they are cooked)
*All entries to be received by 30th June 2020. 5 winners will receive a £20 Warrens Bakery gift voucher. Multiple entries allowed. Judges decision is final.