Rockin’ Rocky Road Recipe
Great for an afternoon treat to enjoy with a cuppa, this rocky road is quick to make and uses mainly store cupboard ingredients that you may have stocked up on
- 200g (7oz) Digestive biscuits (Rich Tea can also be used)
- 135g (5oz) butter or margarine
- 200g (7oz) dark cooking chocolate (70% cocoa if you can get it)
- 2-3 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) mini marshmallows (or you can chop up regular sized marshmallows)
- White chocolate buttons, to drizzle over at the end
- Dried Cranberries
- Grease and line an 18cm square brownie tin with baking paper (if you don’t have a brownie tin, you can use a cake tin, or a roasting tin).
- Put the digestive biscuits in a clean plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin or just the side of your fist until they’re all broken up (you want a combination of dust and up to 50p-sized bits). Put this aside for later.
- In a big saucepan, melt the butter or margarine, dark chocolate and golden syrup over a low heat, stirring constantly until there are no or almost no lumps of chocolate visible, and it looks like a thick, gooey sauce.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool down for a couple of minutes (don’t let it go hard).
- Take the biscuits, marshmallows and up to 100g of extra bits if you want to (dried fruit, nuts, popcorn), and stir into the chocolate mixture until everything is completely covered.
- Tip the mixture into the lined baking tin, and spread it out to the corners.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for 30secs, or by putting them in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water (make sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water).
- Once melted, drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the traybake in a random pattern.
- Put the Rockin’ Rocky Road in the fridge for at least 2 hrs then cut into blocks.
*All entries to be received by 30th June 2020. 5 winners will receive a £20 Warrens Bakery gift voucher. Multiple entries allowed. Judges decision is final.