20 hours per week
Our retail shop in Redruth requires a part time permanent assistant manager. You will be part of a store team that thrives on serving and selling affordable fresh locally sourced products to our customers.
You will be required to work 20 hours per week over 6 days. Our store trading times are 06.30am-19.30pm. You must be available to work over the weekends and over lunchtime which is our key period of trading.
What’s in it for me?
You’ll work under the direction of the shop Manager supporting them in the day to day running of the shop and deputising for the Manager during their absence.
Duties will include:
• Assist the Retail Shop Manager in planning and implementing strategies to attract customers
• Coordinate daily shop operations
• Support the shop manager evaluate employee performance and identify hiring and training needs
• Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best
• Coach and support new and existing Sales Assistants
• Role model the best customer service experience on the high street
• Maintain high standards of hygiene and food safety
The successful applicant should be a self starter who can support the shop manager in motivating and training staff to the highest standard. A background in food retail is desirable with previous supervisory experience, but training can be given. This is a hands on position and involves manual handling, bake-off of product from the oven, cash handling, banking and is a key holder position.
£9.01 per hour.
Warrens have around 40 Retail shops. Warrens Retail are also part of the Provenance Brands group, which gives our employees the prospect of a diverse and rewarding career path. We are a business that has operated throughout COVID proudly serving our local communities and as key workers we will continue to provide this service.
How to apply:
If you require any further support with understanding or applying to this application please call the Human Resources team on 01736 786809.
Should you wish to apply for any of our vacancies you can use the following options:
1. Come in person to one of our shops
2. Send your application to our head office, Ocean House, Lower Quay, Gweek, Helston TR12 6UD
Alternatively you can send your CV or application directly to [email protected] quoting vacancy reference Redruth when applying.